Baked Greek Chicken Thighs + Video
Baked Greek chicken is juicy, tender and full of lemon and rosemary flavor! Make this Mediterranean chicken recipe with thighs or breasts.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken thighs , or breasts (skin on or off)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt , plain flavor
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic , crushed and chopped
- 1 medium lemon , zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley , chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients.
Place chicken into gallon size plastic food storage bag or large plastic container. Pour marinade over chicken pieces, close bag or cover container with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes (See Note 1).
Use cooking spray or olive oil to coat the inside of a baking dish. Shake excess marinade from chicken and place the pieces in a single layer into dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until golden brown and chicken reaches 165°F internal temperature (See Note 2).
- Marinating chicken for longer than an hour may result in the proteins breaking down, leading to an unpleasant consistency.
- If boneless chicken breasts are very thick or weigh more than 6 ounces, slice them in half horizontally, place between sheets of plastic wrap, and use flat side of meat mallet to gently pound them to an even thickness.
For best results, use an instant read thermometer. The chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 297mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 352IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg