How to Make Instant Pot Creamy Polenta
What would you say if I told you that you could make cheesy, creamy polenta in the Instant Pot? With minimal effort on your part, it's amazingly easy to do. No standing over the pot stirring with this one!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 cups chicken stock (See Note 1)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (See Note 2)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Romano cheese grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves loosely packed, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed, chopped
- ground black pepper to taste
Add the polenta to the Instant Pot and pour the chicken stock over. Add the salt and whisk to break up and lumps. Cover and cook on Porridge setting - High Pressure, Normal with a total of 20 minutes.
When done, allow a Natural Release (See Note 3) Release vent value and open lid. Whisk to stir and add the butter and cream. Whisk to incorporate. Add the cheeses and herbs, whisk again until smooth.
Serve with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Feel free to use vegetable stock or water.
- Feel free to use milk if you choose.
- Natural Release: per manufacturers instruction, this is when the cooker is allowed to cool down naturally until the float valve drops down. This may take 10-15 minutes after cooking is finished. After using the "Porridge" setting do not put steam release in venting position otherwise porridge will splatter through steam release. Use Natural Release.
- Did you know:
If you're converting meat from a slow cooker to an Instant Pot, follow this rule: if the meat dish cooks in eight hours on low or four hours on high in the slow cooker, it will cook in 25-30 minutes in the Instant Pot. Make sure the Instant Pot setting reads "sealing" and not "venting" to ensure it's cooked properly.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1126mg | Potassium: 262mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 930IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 398mg | Iron: 1.1mg