Homemade Breakfast Sausage
A combination of ground turkey and pork is my favorite and with a little maple syrup, fresh herbs and spices, you can have Homemade Breakfast Sausage in mere minutes.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped sage leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground fennel seed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix by hand until well blended.
Shape into 12-16 patties.
Heat skillet over medium high heat and add some oil to pan. Cook sausage patties 2-3 minutes per side depending on thickness. Add a tablespoon of water to the pan and cover. Cook 1 minute more to steam.
Serve immediately or allow to cool and freeze for future use. (See Note 1)
1. I place sausage patties on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and freeze them straight on the tray. After they're partially frozen I place them all in a plastic freezer bag and freeze completely for future breakfast use. Can freeze cooked or uncooked.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 241mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.8mg