Marinated Feta Cheese with Chiles and Herbs
Marinated Feta Cheese with Chiles and Herbs is super easy to make with olive oil, herbs and chiles. Cube the feta, marinate and patiently wait a few days!
Servings: 16 cubes
- 16 oz feta cheese
- 6 Birds Eye peppers sliced lengthwise (See Note 1)
- 12 sprigs of tarragon and thyme each or herbs of choice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to cover (See Note 2)
Make sure to clean the glass jar and dry it completely and set aside.
Cut the feta cheese into 1 inch cubes.
Layer the jar with herbs, cheese and peppers. Cover with olive oil to the top and seal.
Store in a cool, dry place to marinate for 3-5 hours. Use immediately or refrigerate (see Note 2).
Spread on crostini, crumble in salads, over eggs or to top pizza.
This will keep refrigerated for 3 weeks, bring to room temp before eating as the oil will thicken from the cold (See Note 3).
- Feel free to experiment with other chiles, a thinly sliced red Fresno chile is another favorite of mine for this.
- Remove from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving as oil has solidified and needs to return to a liquid.
- This will keep if covered in oil and refrigerated for 3 weeks. If adding garlic, be aware this must be eaten within 3-4 days due to the risk of garlic's low-acidity and it's possible for spores causing botulism to develop. If no garlic is added (like in this recipe) this will keep refrigerated up to 3 weeks. Do not store at room temperature.
Calories: 102kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5.2g | Fat: 7.3g | Saturated Fat: 4.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 25.2mg | Sodium: 262.2mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 2.2g