Asian Pulled Pork Slider
My Asian Pulled Pork Slider starts with a dry rubbed then seared pork shoulder that slow cooks for 6 hours in a marinade of Asian spices. Layered on a bun with peanut butter, a cabbage carrot slaw and you have a perfect sandwich! Recipe video included.
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice powder
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp red chili paste
- 1 tbsp lemon grass paste (optional)
- 1 tbsp black bean paste
- 1/4 cup apple butter (or substitute applesauce)
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 Pretzel rolls (See Note 1)
- 8 tbsp peanut butter (1 tbsp for each slider)
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- leaves cilantro for garnish
Whisk together the kosher salt, white pepper and Chinese Five Spice in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice rub all over pork shoulder. Pan sear on all sides for several minutes until browned. Transfer to slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray or oil.
In a food processor or blender purée sauce ingredients. Pour over browned the pork and cook for six hours. Shred the pork in the sauce.
Shred the cabbage and carrot. In a bowl mix together with the oil and vinegar. Set aside.
Toast the pretzel roll and spread one tablespoon of peanut butter on bottom side. Place pulled pork on top of bottom roll, top with cabbage salad and cilantro. Top with other pretzel roll and serve.
- Feel free to use whatever bread roll you like in substituting for the pretzel roll if unavailable.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 723kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 40.5g | Fat: 43.9g | Saturated Fat: 12.9g | Cholesterol: 121.7mg | Sodium: 965.3mg | Fiber: 3.6g | Sugar: 5.8g