Greek Grilled Chicken
Lots of fresh herbs like mint, oregano, dill and parsley mixed with lemon juice, olive oil, and red pepper flakes help this Greek Grilled Chicken become a quick, mid-week dinner packed with flavors of the Mediterranean.
Prep Time35 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Resting Time5 mins
Total Time43 mins
- 1 lb chicken breasts (See Note 1)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
In a small bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients and scoop out 1/4 cup to baste chicken. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in a plastic resealable bag. Squeeze the air out of bag and seal. Massage chicken with your hands and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat your grill (350°F) or grill pan over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add chicken to cook.
For entire breasts, grill 2 minutes then move a quarter turn to create crosshatch grill marks and grill 2 more minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Turn over repeat grilling to create grill marks and baste again before taking out of pan.
For really thick breasts: if sliced horizontally, cuts grilling time on each side down 2 minutes total SO 2 minutes each side, 4 minutes total time. Thighs 4 minutes each side. Allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with a salad or over rice.
- For really thick breasts, if sliced horizontally, cut grilling time on each side to 2 minutes total. 2 minutes each side, 4 minutes total time. Boneless chicken thighs can be substituted for the chicken breasts. Thighs cook 4 minutes each side.
Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 865mg | Potassium: 1073mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1640IU | Vitamin C: 36.5mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 4.3mg