Roasted Mushrooms with Bacon
Roasted mushrooms have an intense flavor and are paired with crispy bacon, butter, garlic and lemon juice. Top with pomegranate arils and chopped parsley.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 4 slices bacon (See Note 1)
- 2 lbs cremini mushrooms trimmed and quartered
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 lemon juice only (about 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In a skillet over medium heat render and cook bacon until crisp. Set aside on paper towel to drain and keep bacon fat in pan.
Place mushrooms in skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes.
Combine butter and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 1 minute or until butter melts. Stir in the lemon juice and drizzle butter mixture over mushrooms. Toss to coat.
Sprinkle pomegranate arils and parsley over mushroom mixture and serve.
- Keep the bacon cold and slice into 1/2 inch pieces, it's easier to cook and get crispy.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 1126mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 9.7mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.1mg