Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker Beef Stroganoff
My Beef Stroganoff in a Crock Pot Express is creamy, saucy and loaded with spiced, tender beef, mushrooms and noodles. Made in one pot and under 30 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time24 mins
Total Time29 mins
- 2 lbs beef sirloin steak (cut into 1/2 inch cubes or strips)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder (optional, See Note 1)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz package wide egg noodles (or pasta of choice)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Set the 6-Quart Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker to the Brown/Saute setting.
Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in the Crock-Pot Express Crock. Add half of the beef and cook until browned, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Set aside and repeat with remaining beef (See Note 1).
Add the garlic, onion, mushrooms, paprika and optional cayenne powder. Sauté, stirring until onions are tender, about 3 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute more.
Stir in beef broth, Worcestershire and add the browned beef. Close lid and steam valve. Select Soup setting, be sure pressure is set to High, and set time for 12 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
Stir in egg noodles, close lid and steam valve. Select Soup setting, be sure pressure is set to High, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
Remove lid and stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and sprinkle with parsley.
- You want the beef to brown on all sides, and if too crowded the meat will steam, so work to brown in 2 batches. I often times will add Berbere spice along with black pepper. It's an Ethiopian spice blend; warm, very aromatic and a house favorite. This is for a little kick of heat. Either just black pepper and/or Berbere is completely optional.
Calories: 855kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 68g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 234mg | Sodium: 842mg | Potassium: 1573mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1450IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 6.9mg