The perfect pesto and so quick to make!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 3/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 4 medium sized garlic cloves
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves packed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Add all ingredients except for basil and olive oil to food processor. Blend with pulsing motion for a minute or so to breakdown and form a paste.
Next add the basil and with processor running slowly add the oil in a steady stream to blend thoroughly.
This makes 1 cup of fresh basil pesto which can be used over hot pasta or as a dipping sauce.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 154mg | Vitamin A: 695IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 1.4mg