Persian Chicken Kabobs
Succulent and full of flavor chicken kabobs
Prep Time8 hrs
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time8 hrs 12 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- Chicken Marinade
- 2 lbs chicken tenders strips or thigh meat
- 1 1/2 cups of plain yogurt
- 1 onion
- 2 ground cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable Side
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 small bag of haricot vert
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
Over a bowl, grate a onion completely. This will get juicy! When complete, gather grated onion in hands and squeeze excess water out. Place in another mixing bowl and discard onion water or save for a soup base.
In the onion bowl mix add the yogurt, spices, parsley, garlic. Mix thoroughly to incorporate completely.
Place all in a zip lock plastic bag and refrigerate over night.
Grill to your liking and serve with steamed vegetables. In this meal I steamed some haricot vert with carrots. Then while hot, mixed in a bowl with some olive oil, 1/2 cup feta cheese and salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 817mg | Potassium: 1092mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2820IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 1.2mg