Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
These Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes have sweet brown sugar streusel and marshmallows to savory bacon all mixed with buttery mashed sweet potato.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 10 sweet potatoes (medium sized)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (or cinnamon only)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
Oat Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter cold and cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prick each sweet potato a few times with a fork and place on a lined baking sheet.Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until tender.
When cool enough to handle slice lengthwise and carefully scoop out the tender potato, leaving a 1/4 inch thick border. Discard 2 of the skins and keep remaining 8 empty skins on baking sheet.
Mix the sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, pumpkin spice and salt by hand or electric mixer. Taste and season again to adjust with salt if needed.
Add half of the bacon, half the Oat Crumb Topping and all the marshmallows, stirring to combine. Carefully scoop filling back into 8 of the 10 skins (See Note 1). Top with remaining Oat Crumb Topping and bacon, distributing evenly. (See Note 2).
Place the sweet potatoes in a 400°F oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- I like these filled so by having more filling than skins is best. Save remaining two skins for other use if you like.
- At this point the sweet potatoes can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 2 days and then baked or frozen for later use.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 418mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 23410IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1.5mg