Rustic Pesto Sausage Tortellini Soup
Rustic Pesto Sausage Tortellini Soup hits the spot with tortellini, pan seared Italian sausage, vegetables and a dollop of pesto. All made in 30 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time24 mins
Total Time34 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 can Fire Roasted Chopped Tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 4 pieces of celery chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 2 cups spinach leaves chopped
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 9 oz fresh tortellini (See Note 1)
In a large Dutch oven over medium heat add the olive oil and sauté the onions for 3 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
Add sausage and break up with spoon into medium size chunks. Brown for 4 minutes, stirring often. Deglaze with white wine and stir up browned bits on bottom of pan, cooking for 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, cauliflower, carrots, celery and chicken broth. Stir in salt and pepper and cover. Cook for 10 minutes on medium-low.
Uncover and add pesto, spinach, zucchini and tortellini. Stir to mix and cook uncovered for 4 minutes. (See Note 2)
Serve topped with shredded parmesan cheese and parsley to garnish.
- I pick this up in the refrigerated cheese and Dairy section of my market.
- This is a broth soup, if you'd like it a little thicker mix together 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch and make a slurry with cold water. Add to soup, stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes until thickened.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 975mg | Potassium: 630mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3660IU | Vitamin C: 38.7mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 2.6mg