Bulgogi Korean BBQ Short Ribs
For these I use the thin cut, bone in short ribs. The marinade should be a minimum of 4 hours, but usually I do overnight.
Prep Time4 hrs
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time4 hrs 8 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb beef short ribs Thin cut 1/2 inch, bone in
- 4 green onions + 1 green top only for garnish
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh crushed ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds See Note 1
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
In a blender add all the marinade ingredients and purée until smooth.
In a ZipLoc or bowl add short ribs and marinate covered for 4 hours, but overnight preferable for maximum flavor.
Heat gas or charcoal grill to 350°F. Drain excess marinade off short ribs. Grill turning once, about 4 minutes per side. The edges with caramelize and get crispy.
Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes then I cut the meat across the grain thin, but feel free to eat off the bone. Serve with green onions on top and steamed rice.
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Calories: 677kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 1132mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3.5mg