Asian Noodle Salad with Shrimp
This Asian Noodle Salad has an amazing miso ginger dressing and the pan seared shrimp, crisp vegetables and fresh, bright herbs make this just cooked noodle salad a meal.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
8 oz fresh noodles or Ramen noodles (See Note 1)
1 lb fresh shrimp, tails removed
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cups spinach leaves fresh
- 1 carrot large, peeled and julienned (short thin strips)
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced julienned (short thin strips)
- 4 green onions white and green parts, chopped, separated
- 1/4 cup mint leaves lightly packed
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves lightly packed
- 2 limes sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp almonds sliced
In a stock pot bring 8 cups of water to a boil with a tablespoon of kosher salt.
Cook the noodles per package directions. Drain and rinse. Place in a bowl and toss with tablespoon of oil. Cover and refrigerate to cool.
Remove the shell and tail from the shrimp. Rinse and pat dry. Season with pinch of kosher salt and red pepper flakes. In a sauté pan over medium heat melt the butter and quickly pan sear the shrimp until pink and cooked through. Set aside.
In a bowl mix together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Assemble the salad in a large bowl. Add the cleaned, chopped spinach, cold noodles, cooled shrimp, carrot, bell pepper, white parts of the green onion, and herbs. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat.
Serve with chopped green onions, almonds and sesame seeds on top and cut limes on the side to squeeze on top.
- Either use 8 ounces of fresh noodles like ramen or Shanghai or your favorite OR two 4 ounce packages of dried ramen noodles. Save flavor packet for other use.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 375mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5590IU | Vitamin C: 40.3mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 2.3mg