Easy Baked Greek Chicken
This amazingly delicious Easy Baked Greek Chicken starts with a marinade of lemon, garlic, oregano, olive oil, pepper flakes and thick Greek yogurt. So good!
Prep Time35 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs chicken pieces (bone in)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 lemon, medium (4 tbsp juice and zest from entire lemon)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
In a bowl whisk together the plain Greek yogurt along with the olive oil, garlic, zest and juice from a lemon, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, chopped, fresh oregano and parsley.
Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and marinate for 30 minutes minimum to an 1 hour (See Note 2).
Preheat oven to 375°F. Use cooking spray or olive oil and coat the inside of a baking dish. For four pieces I use an 8x8" pan, but if more use a 13x9" baking dish. Shake off excess marinade and place the chicken pieces in a single layer. Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until golden brown and chicken has 165°F internal temperature (See Note 1).
- If using boneless chicken, drop cooking time to 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Yes, you can use skin on chicken, too.
Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and marinate for 30 minutes minimum to an 1 hour. I've marinaded overnight, too, but be aware any marinade with an acid like the lemon will slightly toughen the outer skin of the chicken.
Calories: 477kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 424mg | Potassium: 449mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 15.3mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 2.9mg