Feta Spinach Stuffed French Bread
Nutrition information is based off 2 french bread loaves with filling. 12 slices per loaf for 24 slices.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time24 mins
Total Time34 mins
Servings: 24 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix (See Note 1)
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese separated
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
- 24 slices of sliced salami rounds chopped (See Note 2)
- 2 loaves french bread or 4 baguettes
Preheat oven to 350°F. Thaw frozen spinach and drain in a sieve, pressing to extract excess water. Place spinach in a bowl and set aside.
Sliced the top off the loaf of bread(s) horizontally and scoop out the interior bread leaving a wonderful crust container. Save inside bread pieces for other use.
In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion soup mix package and black pepper. Mix to blend and add 1 cup mozzarella and the feta cheese and mix. Next add the spinach and salami. Stir to combine.
Divide the filling between loaves of bread and top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-24 minutes until top is golden and bubbling. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
- Feta cheese is a little on the salty side, so if that is a possible issue for you I would use half of the onion soup mix, or just 2 teaspoons dried dehydrated onions or 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- I used a 15 oz package of Gallo Italian Dry Salami slices and chopped them. It was 24 slices total for the recipe.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 579mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1355IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 1.8mg