An easy to make salad, this Feta Watermelon Salad has sliced, chilled watermelon, salty feta cheese, balsamic syrup and roasted pumpkin seeds. Easy and healthy!
I’ve made several salads recently using fresh, ice cold watermelon such as the Watermelon Arugula Salad. It is a refreshing fruit when mixed with an acidic, such as a squeeze of lemon, lime or in this case balsamic vinegar. This Watermelon, Feta, Pepita Salad is delicious served along side a barbecued fish such as Grilled Halibut with Lemon, Capers and Basil.
The sweet flavor of the watermelon goes well to cleanse the palette and wake up your taste buds when drizzled with the lemon thyme oil and balsamic syrup. Topped with crunchy pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds) and the salty feta cheese, this is a delicious and healthy salad.
If you do not have the time for the Lemon Thyme oil, a good olive oil will do on its own. And as for the PONTI – Glassa Gastronomica, you can just as easily use a drizzle of regular balsamic vinegar or pour 1/2 cup in a saucepan and reduce by half, then let cool prior to using.
- 1 watermelon small seedless
- 2 tbsp Lemon Thyme oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Syrup PONTI - Glassa Gastronomica
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds roasted, salted
- black pepper
- Cut the round watermelon into a square, trimming off the outer rind and then the white rind corners if necessary. Slice the square watermelon flesh into 4 slices and then each square in half to make triangle shapes.
To make the Lemon Thyme oil see my recipe here or use olive oil. It's fairly easy to make and adds that little nuance of lemon to counter the balsamic syrup.
- To plate, drizzle some of the lemon thyme olive oil and lay four watermelon triangles on top.
- Next, sprinkle some of the feta cheese, a drizzle of balsamic syrup and pumpkin seeds. Top it all off with some freshly cracked black pepper. Serve chilled.