I was feeling like something grilled that had a really flavorful ethnic taste and went to my neighborhood international market. I realize not everyone has this luxury, but most of these ingredients you can pick up from any market. Grilled lamb burgers with tzatziki on the side with steamed rice and tabbouleh rounded out the meal.
- 1 large cucumber grated
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint packed, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Using a box cheese grater, grate the trimmed cucumber on the large holes. Place in a cloth or paper towels and squeeze excess water out. Set aside.
- Whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, mint, kosher salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper in medium bowl to blend. Add grated cucumbers and toss to coat. Season the mixture to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with chips, pita bread or any grilled meat or burgers.