This Sweet Pork Dry Rub is balanced with dark brown sugar for that extra kiss of molasses, and is tempered with garlic, onion, chili and cayenne powders. It doesn’t over power to let the meat’s flavor shine.
If you’re a long time reader here you know I like to make my own Spice Blends and Rubs.
Always better then store bought and when made in small batches keeps a robust flavor.
This is perfect on pork chops, pork tenderloins and shoulders.
Sweet Pork Dry Rub
- 1/4 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder (or garlic flakes)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika (See Note 1)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Mix together in a small bowl and keep in an airtight container.
- This is my go to for a dry rub on pork chops. It's balanced with sweet and spicy and doesn't over power the meat. Perfect to use on pork chops, tenderloin, cutlets or if smoking and grilling pork shoulder.
- For ribs, which are a different cut of pork, I have several other dry rubs.
- Substitute with Smoked Paprika for a more smokey flavor.