My Korean Pork Stir Fry has marinated pork strips and vegetables tossed with a sweet and spicy sauce that includes plum jam and the Korean paste gochujang. This is lip smacking good and so quick to make too!
Korean Pork Stir Fry
This Sweet and Spicy Korean Pork Stir Fry has strips of marinated pork loin that are seared with fresh vegetables and tossed with a sweet and spicy sauce that includes plum jam and the Korean paste gochujang. This is lip smacking good!
This Korean pork stir fry is one tasty meal that comes together in no time and packs a major flavor punch.
What is Gochujang?
Gochujang is a thick red chili paste that’s sweet and spicy, made with rice and soybeans that have been fermented. Different brands vary in the heat levels and it’s fantastic in all sorts of sauces, soups, BBQ, you name it. It usually comes in red tubs that look like ice cream tubs, but since I use it occasionally, I buy the smaller tube sizes.
Stir-frys are wonderful because it all comes together quickly and dinner is on the table in no time. This Pork Stir Fry is under 30 minutes!
Just be sure to have all of your ingredients and sauces ready to use.
Crunchy vegetables, tender strips of stir fried pork all covered in a sweet, tangy and spicy sauce that’s not over powering. Lots of flavor with this sweet and savory sauce.
Check out the my Pork Stir Fry video below to see how quickly this soon to be mid-week dinner favorite this comes together.
This recipe first appeared on Kevin Is Cooking March 2018 and has been updated with new photos and video.
Sweet and Spicy Korean Pork Stir Fry
- 1.5 lb pork loin cut into 1/4” strips
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 green onions sliced on diagonal, 1 inch pieces
- 2 carrots julienned into strips
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup plum jam (See Note 1)
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup Gochujang
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- In a bowl add the plum jam, hoisin, Gochujang, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Mix together the vinegar and cornstarch and add to Korean Sauce mixture. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Slice the pork loin into 1/4” strips and mix with tablespoon of cornstarch and soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Over high heat add the oil to the wok or skillet and heat for a minute. Add the pork and toss to cook, stirring to quickly brown on all sides.
- Add the Korean Sauce mixture, stirring frequently, sauce will thicken.
- Add the vegetables and peanuts, tossing to coat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with more peanuts and green onions for garnish on top.
- I use Smucker’s Red Plum Jam
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.