THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY THE CROCK-POT® BRAND.
This Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Butter is cooked in the Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi Cooker in no time. Made using fresh cranberries, orange zest, cinnamon, brown sugar and a jalapeño for the perfect balance of sweet, tangy and spicy.
It’s Crocktober and I am using my trusted Express Crock once again to make some delicious fruit butter using seasonal cranberries.
A fruit butter is not the consistency of apple sauce, no, a fruit butter is cooked down and reduced to a thick spreadable topping that has super concentrated flavors.
The most common is apple butter, but with cranberries and the holidays approaching I thought I’d share a favorite of mine, cranberry butter.
The Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker combines the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, allows for sauté and browning, and has 8 built-in preset buttons that cook a variety of meals.
Crock-Pot recently launched two new Express Crock Multi-Cooker models, and they are now available in 4-Quart and 8-Quart sizes, in addition to the 6-Quart model I use for the below recipe. I love it, especially when crunched for time.
Whether you’re prepping your meal in the morning to let it cook all day, or you need an instant, healthy, home-cooked dish in under an hour—this one-pot pressure cooker does it all!
Typically, when making a fruit butter it takes a long time to slowly reduce and thicken into that spreadable consistency.
Not with this Express Crock! It was 10 minutes using the Dessert preset button and then I reduced it after blending on the Sauté preset for 30 minutes. Pretty good huh?!
Creamy in texture, this cranberry butter is fantastic served with crackers and cheese or spread on a turkey sandwich, scones or toast!
Another way I enjoy this cranberry butter is by putting a scoop into my cooked oatmeal for an added punch of holiday flavor. 🙂
Thanks again to the Crock-Pot® brand for sponsoring today’s post. Thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make Kevin Is Cooking possible. All opinions are my own.
Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Butter
- 12 oz cranberries rinsed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 orange large
- 1 cup water
- Carefully slice jalapeño lengthwise, set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outer orange zest from the entire orange, set aside. Peel the orange and discard white peel.
- Add the orange zest, orange segments, cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, jalapeño halves and water to the Crock Express.
- Close lid and steam valve. Select Dessert setting, time will be for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Carefully remove cinnamon stick and both slices of jalapeño, discard. Using an immersion blender or regular blender, purée cranberry mixture until smooth.
- Pour back into the Crock Express and press Sauté setting, change setting Temperature from High to Low and cook with lid off for 30 minutes, until reduced and thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Allow to cool and pour into clean jars and seal with lids. Refrigerate, keeps for 2-3 weeks.
- Stove Top - Cook on stove top method. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Carefully remove cinnamon stick and both slices of jalapeño, discard. Using an immersion blender or regular blender, purée cranberry mixture until smooth. Pour back into the pan and cook with lid off for 20 minutes on simmer, or until reduced and thickened. Stir occasionally being careful that it does not burn.