This is one fresh and delicious salad. I wanted a quick and easy salad, but not with mixed greens, but using fresh vegetables. In this recipe I use Persian cucumbers, bell peppers and a great Jalapeño Ranch dressing. Keeping it to a minimum of effort and light on the dressing made this quick to make and a great side to the Turkey Burgers that are spiced up with jalapeños.
Summer Pepper Salad
- 1 red and green bell pepper each
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 2 ribs of celery
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
- pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a sauté pan toast the pine nuts until golden brown and fragrant. Remove from heat and sprinkle with kosher salt. Set aside and let cool.
- Chop the bell peppers, cucumbers and celery into bite size chunks.
- Chop the red onion into fine dice as well as the fresh parsley.
- In a large bowl whisk the rice vinegar, Jalapeño Ranch dressing and black pepper.
- Add all the vegetables and toasted nuts to the mixed dressing bowl and toss to coat evenly. Serve chilled for a great side dish.