Shishito Peppers are like a milder version of Jalapeños and what better way to serve them than blistered then stuffed to the brim with a cream cheese and salami filling? This Shishito Peppers recipe is like Jalapeño Poppers – but better!!!
Shishito Peppers recipe
Who doesn’t love an easy to make snack? These stuffed shishito peppers are beyond easy – and they’re so addictive!
All you need for this Shishito Peppers recipe is softened cream cheese, chopped salami, garlic powder and some black pepper. Cream it all together and stuff each shishito pepper.
What’s a shishito pepper?
They are a small, mild chili pepper, harvested while green, and used especially in Asian cuisine.
Are shishito peppers hot?
While most shishitos are mild in flavor every once in a while you get a spicy one. To me that’s the fun part, never knowing and BAM, the heat elevates for a fantastic, unexpected flavor punch. 🙂
What are shishito peppers good for?
Grill, pan fry or broil them until they get blistered and serve with cold drinks as an appetizer. I love to stuff them, too. Truly addicting to nibble on!
To cook, I place the tray of them in the middle of the oven and under the broiler they go for 5 minutes. Easy right?
These go quick!
The outer skin still gets blistered, the salami renders and crisps up and the cheese turns a golden brown.
This Shishito Peppers recipe is fantastic and I hope you try them out. Perfect for any Game Day, party or snacking. Enjoy!
Stuffed Shishito Peppers Recipe
- 1/2 lb shishito peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz dry salami diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Move oven rack to middle of oven and turn broiler on.
- Dice the salami into small pieces and add to a bowl with the cream cheese. Add the garlic powder and black pepper. Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Lay the shishito peppers out on a lined baking sheet and see how they lay. With a small paring knife cut a slit down the side facing up on each one (from below stem to almost the tip).
- Using a teaspoon, fill the pepper cavity and press sides together to hold cheese salami filling.
- Spray all of the stuffed shishitos with cooing spray or olive oil. Place tray in oven and broil for 5 minutes. Shishito peppers should blister and cheese filling turns a golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 30+ depending on size of shishito peppers.