Porkapalooza time last night with the BBQ. We each thought of something for dinner at the butcher and decided to make it a combo. Because it was such a great idea we thought why not wrap it all up in bacon and call it a night!
Here we take a pork tenderloin and with an extremely sharp knife cut a hole down down the center horizontally being careful not to puncture a hole along the sides. Then to stretch it a bit more to accommodate the sausage, we used a wooden spoon handle to enlarge the cut. The smoked jalapeño cheddar sausage is inserted and then the entire tenderloin is wrapped in the bacon and secured with toothpicks.
We decided to use pecan wood chips for flavor and grilled for 4 minutes each quarter side and we were ready to feast. Served this up with a favorite of mine, the Broccoli Tarragon Salad and you are set.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 smoked jalapeño cheddar sausages
- 6 slices of thick smoked bacon
- Prep your grill to 350°.
- Take the pork tenderloin and with an extremely sharp knife cut a hole down down the center horizontally being careful not to puncture a hole along the sides
- Next, stretch it a bit more to accommodate the sausage, using a wooden spoon handle to enlarge the cut.
- Insert the smoked jalapeño cheddar sausages.
- Wrap the stuffed tenderloin completely with the bacon and secured with toothpicks.
- Place pecan wood chips in your grills smoker. Follow your grills instructions for doing this.This is optional or use whatever wood chips you prefer.
- Grill for 4 minutes each quarter side turn.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly for 10 minute and slice.