With Summer here, and actually the abundance of fruit year round now, I felt a fruit salsa would be a great paring for my citrus fruit brined pork chops. The smokey flavor from the grill with the bite of the jalapeño, spices and tang of the nectarine made this a winner.
Spicy Nectarine Salsa
- 1 red bell pepper diced small
- 1 green bell pepper diced small
- 1/2 medium size red onion diced small
- 1 nectarine diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Wash, seed and dice small the peppers, red onion and nectarine.Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Chop the green onion, cilantro and mix in the bowl to incorporate.
- Add the oil, spices and sugar and mix well. Let stand at room temp to allow flavors to meld together, or if making ahead place in refrigerator until ready to use.