The other evening we had grilled salmon and when the meal was over we still had 1 fillet left over. We didn’t glaze it knowing we wanted one for a great leftover lunch idea. What to do with leftover cooked salmon? Make salmon patties mixed with green chili salsa, chopped vegetables and saute for a quick lunch or dinner and with a side salad make it a meal.
You can freeze these for up to a week with wax paper in between each patty and store in a Ziploc Freezer bag.
- 2 cups of flaked leftover grilled salmon
- 1/2 red yellow and or green bell pepper, chopped small dice
- 1/2 red onion chopped small dice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs or more to bind
- 1 cup green chili salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- Flake the leftover grilled salmon in a bowl.
- Chop the bell pepper, onion and add to bowl.
- Next add the egg, breadcrumbs and green chili salsa.
- Mix to incorporate all and form into 4-6 patties. Salt and pepper each side and place on a plate covered with wax paper so the patties do not stick together.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and sauté the salmon patties on both sides until golden brown - several minutes.
- Serve with a bit of butter on top and a squeeze of lemon. To round out the lunch or dinner have a side salad or bowl of mixed, chopped fruit.