The other evening we had grilled salmon and when the meal was over we still had 1 fillet left over. We didn’t glaze it knowing we wanted one for a great leftover lunch idea. What to do with leftover cooked salmon? Make salmon patties mixed with green chili salsa, chopped vegetables and saute for a quick lunch or dinner and with a side salad make it a meal.
You can freeze these for up to a week with wax paper in between each patty and store in a Ziploc Freezer bag.
Baked Salmon Patties
- 1 lb salmon cooked and flaked (See Note 1)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (See Note 2)
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups bell peppers diced (See Note 3)
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 3 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- dash of hot sauce I use Tabasco, optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- tartar sauce for serving
- lemon slices for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, break the cooked salmon into bite size pieces or flake the drained and canned salmon.
- Add the remaining ingredients and gently mix well with hands or spatula. Form into 6 patties.
- Place the salmon patties on an oiled baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, turn and continue baking another 5 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Serve hot with lemon slices and tartar sauce.
- You can substitute cooked salmon that's been flaked for 2-6 oz cans of salmon. It will be less and that's OK.
- Feel free to substitute mayonnaise for plain Greek yogurt.
- I dice 1/2 each small green, red, yellow bell pepper.