These Roasted Mushrooms with Bacon are always a hit at the holiday dinner table and frankly, any time of year. Roasted mushrooms you say? YES, and you’re going to love them.
I have a great side dish for you and these roasted mushrooms deliver! Typically sautéed with butter, these are ROASTED in a skillet for 20 minutes.
Couldn’t be any easier, right?!
Roasting brings out a wonderful, intense mushroom flavor, and when paired with the bacon, pop of freshness from the pomegranate, it’s delicious!
I simply pan fry up some bacon and set the crispy bacon aside. Leaving the bacon fat in the skillet, I add the quartered mushrooms and toss to coat.
In the oven they go to roast for 20 minutes. The aroma is wonderful.
After roasting I add melted butter, minced garlic and lemon juice.
Stir it up and serve with some pomegranate arils for freshness and chopped, bright parsley. Enjoy!
Roasted Mushrooms with Bacon
- 4 slices bacon (See Note 1)
- 2 lbs cremini mushrooms trimmed and quartered
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 lemon juice only (about 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a skillet over medium heat render and cook bacon until crisp. Set aside on paper towel to drain and keep bacon fat in pan.
- Place mushrooms in skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes.
- Combine butter and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 1 minute or until butter melts. Stir in the lemon juice and drizzle butter mixture over mushrooms. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle pomegranate arils and parsley over mushroom mixture and serve.
- Keep the bacon cold and slice into 1/2 inch pieces, it's easier to cook and get crispy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.