Well the new grill is getting a workout for sure! With the addition of the rotisserie we are experimenting with all sorts of grilling, marinades and meats. Today’s is a marinade with a Mediterranean flavor with spices, honey and yogurt. We purchased a beautiful leg of lamb and marinated this for over 24 hours. It was great with roasted vegetables and Israeli couscous salad as a nice side. We also grilled some peach halves that were buttered and sprinkled with a little cinnamon to end the meal.
An overcooked rack of lamb is an expensive mistake so make sure to know the temp per pound and length of time on the grill. Go to American Lamb for more details on grilling times and temps.
Get the grill going at medium for a 325° temp.
Roasted Leg of Lamb
- 1 leg of lamb 4lbs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper each
- Get the grill going at medium for a 325° temp.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the above ingredients and mix thoroughly. It will appear to be a thick paste.
- Pierce the lamb all over for the marinade to penetrate. Place the lamb in the bowl and cover with marinade completely. Turn several times over the
- hour period.
- Cook to your liking and use reserved marinade to baste the lamb while grilling. Let the meat rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.