This one pan Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole couldn’t be easier to make. Chopped chicken gets marinated in Ranch dressing and added to rice, vegetables and chicken broth to bake topped with two cheeses and crispy bacon. This comfort food meal feeds a crowd!
I’m a big chicken tender Ranch dressing dipper myself. LOVE Ranch dressing and especially my Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. When ever we hit up a local restaurant for something quick I always order the chicken tenders with a side of Ranch dressing.
So when time is tight and you need a quick dinner, this Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole is often one I choose to make.
What could be easier then cooking up some bacon as the oven warms up, cutting up chicken into bite size pieces and toss them in some Ranch dressing.
In a baking dish it goes along with some diced up onions and broccoli. Sprinkle the rice over it all and pour in the chicken broth.
Easy peasy right?
Layer on some shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and in the oven it goes, covered, for 50 minutes and dinner is served!
With some more bacon crumbled on top before serving this one is sure to please.
Ranch Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 8 slices bacon (cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup white rice long grain
- 1 onion medium, diced small
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop bacon slices into small pieces and cook in hot skillet until crisp. Set aside. Chop broccoli into small bite size pieces.
- In a bowl mix together the chopped chicken, Ranch salad dressing, salt, black pepper and cayenne (optional). Set aside.
- Add the Ranch chicken, onion, broccoli, bacon (reserving half for garnish) to a 13x9” baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rice on top, pour chicken broth over all. Stir to mix well, distributing evenly to pan edges.
- Sprinkle cheddar and mozzarella cheeses on top. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes more, until chicken and rice is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and garnish with remaining bacon and parsley before serving.