Super moist Pumpkin Butter All Bran Muffins are loaded with pumpkin flavor and spices and are great for breakfast with coffee and some fruit. Spread with a little butter and enjoy the morning with family! Buttermilk and pumpkin butter are what I use to make these so moist.
So how was everyone’s Thanksgiving? Eat to your hearts content? Were you with family and having a good time? I know I did. Heck I still am, and these Pumpkin Butter All Bran Muffins are the perfect thing to have with some coffee while we all chat politics, the state of things to come and the simple fact that these are so darn good!
Pumpkin butter is a fantastic flavor weapon and when added to the super moist and delicious bran muffins you won’t even think you’re being good. Buttermilk is the other key ingredient in these. I love them fresh from the oven though they freeze well too. But how could you not eat them all after they’re warm from the oven?
These Pumpkin Butter All Bran Muffins are a great gift to make and bring when staying with family or surprise them and bake up a batch in the morning. They’ll come running to the kitchen when they smell these baking. If muffins aren’t your thing, try my Pumpkin Butter Pecan Cinnamon Rolls, these are pretty special, too.
Laced with chopped nuts and that lovely Fall spiced pumpkin butter. Similar to apple butter in that it’s almost like a concentrated, thick apple sauce or purée, but with sweet cooked pumpkin, some maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. You can find pumpkin butter in most markets in the cooking aisle or near the jams and apple butter.
If you need any ideas for Christmas appetizers, side dishes, main courses or dessert ideas, I’ve got you covered there, too. You can find them here on my Holiday Foods page. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Butter All Bran Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups All-Bran cereal
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin butter (See Note 1)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl pour boiling water over 1/2 cup bran cereal, mix in oil and set aside. In another bowl mix egg, sugar and buttermilk.
- To the wet bran mixture add sifted flour, baking soda, salt and remaining dry cup of bran. Add the wet buttermilk mixture to bran mixture and stir.
- Stir in apple butter, nuts and raisins. Mix thoroughly to incorporate completely.
- Scoop into 12 muffin (paper lined), or greased muffin pan or baking stoneware and bake for 16-18 minutes. (See Note 2)
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey (optional) and let cool. Serve as is or with butter.
- I use 10 ounce jars of the pumpkin butter found in the cooking and jam aisle at my local market and use 3/4 of a cup.
- Depending on size of muffins, as long a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean you’re good.