This one pan meal of Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower is a cinch to make. A perfect mid-week dinner when time is a problem as this can be on the table in 30 minutes.
Kirkwood Boneless, Skinless Fresh Chicken Thighs seasoned, brushed with a lemon juice and Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil dressing and then wrapped with the salty goodness that is Specially Selected Prosciutto, a cured Italian ham. It’s slow roasted to tender on the inside, crispy prosciutto on the outside. Plus roasted cauliflower? That nutty flavor it picks up is fantastic!
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
This post is coming courtesy of my partnership with ALDI stores. After visiting their Vista, California store I was asked to pick up some produce and along with the ALDI Delivered box of dry goods and pantry items I received, make some of their Test Kitchen recipes for you. This recipe in particular was created by Bon Appétit using all ALDI ingredients. I added one or two things to this one, like the drizzle of Tuscan Garden Balsamic Dressing over the roasted cauliflower just to have a little twist to it, but boy is this easy and delicious.
All the ingredients for this were picked up at their store where the produce and meat sections were spotless, clean and everything was so fresh.
The one that caught my eye was for this Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower. Who could resist? I added some fresh cracked black pepper to the seasoning along with some lemon zest.
The last couple days with the heat I have been a salad making fool, but today happened to be a little overcast and I was in the kitchen first thing to make this again, but with a few of my little added twists.
I could grill all summer long no problem, but I really wanted to make this Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower again and the combination of flavors is wonderful.
I ended up snacking on one of these chicken thighs when Dave and a co-worker came home to reload the truck with a glass delivery for a client. I made up a dinner for two of this and packed his worker up with a killer dinner. Sharing is caring right, and I told him all about ALDI. Win, win for all!
ALDI is all about getting back to the basics of good food. Their Never Any! range of meats selection does not contain any antibiotics, added hormones or preservatives either. Another cool thing is ALDI is committed to offering seafood from sustainable sources.
This turned out amazing and the fresh produce along with the tender Kirkwood Boneless, Skinless Fresh Chicken Thighs made for a quick and delicious dinner.
This is an easy recipe that packs in the big flavor I like, was simple enough to put together and is a great mid-week dinner plan. The roasted cauliflower is a great side, probably second to roasted Brussels sprouts in my book. The roasting brings out this wonderful nutty flavor and I decided to drizzle a little balsamic on top for an added punch of flavor.
I hope you give this Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower a try as well as visiting an ALDI store. They have some incredible values and fantastic products which is a great way to stretch your dollar and feel good about what you feed the family. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by ALDI. As part of my partnership with the brand, I received my ALDI Delivered box as a fun way to sample and review products and recipes. This is not a new delivery service.
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Roasted Cauliflower
- 4 tbsp Carlini Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Stonemill Essentials Sea Salt divided
- 1 tsp Stonemill Essentials Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Stonemill Essentials Black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 lbs Kirkwood Boneless Skinless Fresh Chicken Thighs (4-6 piece)
- 6 slices Specially Selected Prosciutto
- 1/2 inch large head cauliflower cut into 1- florets (See Note 1)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl mix the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning together.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken thighs to the oil and lemon mixture, tossing to coat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Lay the chicken thighs flat on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle each chicken thigh with seasoning mixture and lemon zest.
- Roll up thigh and wrap with a slice of prosciutto. Flip so end of prosciutto is on bottom and repeat with remaining thighs. No toothpick required to secure. Be sure there is plenty of room around each thigh on baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl add the cauliflower florets and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and toss to coat. Distribute cauliflower around chicken on baking sheet. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 20-24 minutes.
- Remove chicken from baking sheet and allow to rest. With a spoon toss cauliflower to turn and return to oven and roast another 10 minutes. Serve with chicken.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.