Sometimes tired of just the same salad using greens? How about a simple and healthy salad using just vegetables?
This is refreshing, wakes up the taste buds and is very easy. Using a variety of cold, fresh bell peppers of green, yellow and red I add fresh basil and toasted pine nuts. Topped off with some PONTI – Glassa Gastronomica a beautiful balsamic syrup from Italy and Basil Olive oil and it’s perfecto!
I have used this on many recipes, but my favorite is on the Avocado, Bacon & Balsamic Sandwich. Mangé!
Pepper Basil Salad
- 1 green bell pepper and red pepper each
- 10 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nutes
- squeeze of PONTI - Glassa Gastronomica balsamic syrup
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash, seed and chop peppers into bite size pieces.
- Chop basil
- In a sauté pan toast the pine nuts until golden brown.
- Mix all in a bowl, toss with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the PONTI balsamic syrup on top and enjoy.