This is a easy recipe for a flavorful fruit salsa with a kick. Refrigerate at least 12 hours or overnight to let the flavors meld. It is great over steamed or grilled fish or chicken.
Papaya Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 large papaya seeded and cubed
- 5 to matillos chopped
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tbsp jalapeño rings chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 red and green bell peppers each chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly to incorporate completely.
- Season to taste and refrigerate at least a couple hours or overnight to let the flavors meld.