These easy to make No Bake Chai Berry Bars are made with healthy almonds and oats and kissed with a chai spice to accent Spring’s fresh berries. A perfect healthy dessert or snack anytime.
How does a no bake dessert sound that is gluten free? Well I’m here to assist in that!
I’ve been working on this no bake dough for a lemon bar recipe for a while now and I think I have it. Although with all of the amazing blueberries and fresh strawberries I picked up the other morning at the Farmers Market I had to switch it up for these No Bake Gluten Free Chai Berry Bars.
These will not disappoint, a great sweet tooth fix and made with fresh ingredients, too. Instead of using a flour based dough and baking it like I do for my Strawberry Lemon Bars I opted to make a gluten free version and it’s no bake, too.
I use almond meal, which is basically ground almonds, sometimes called almond flour. Along with almond butter, oats, honey and a whirl in the food processor these came together in no time and after refrigerating the dough it was good to spread with the fruit jam.
I opted to flavor the berries with chai spice. After a recent visit to the land of chai I felt it a nice nod. It works beautifully with the berries, a yin and yang of flavors, which is balanced with the almond and oat dough. I use Oregon Chai The Original™ Chai Tea Latte Powdered Mix, but feel free to use whatever brand you like. I am not being compensated by them, just a great, tasty product.
I also tried this without the chai and if it’s not your thing, simply omit. I loved it! My first couple attempts found the fruit filling in need of a thickener and the cornstarch worked just fine.
Besides making the dough in less then 5 minutes, the cooking process of making the jam is 15 minutes. With a 30 minute refrigerator chill to firm up and these take no time at all to make. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar prior to serving and you’re set.
I keep them refrigerated in an airtight container for snacking. I hope you enjoy them!
No Bake Chai Berry Bars
- 2 cups almond meal ground almonds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ghee butter or coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Chai Berry Jam:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- 4 tbsp Chai Tea Latte Powdered Mix
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- In saucepan over low heat, simmer berries until broken down and thickened, about 12-15 minutes. After 10 minutes stir in cornstarch and chai spice. Continue stirring often until thickened. Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- In food processor, blend together the almond meal, almond butter, oats, honey, coconut oil and salt.
- Press nut mixture into bottom of 9x9" parchment lined baking dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Spread berry mixture on top of nut dough and refrigerate for another 30 minutes. Cut into bars and serve.
- Keep refrigerated in a airtight container or covered dish.