Sometimes the simplest things are the best. These bring back great memories of my mom baking, and after, dusting these with the powdered sugar. The warm round baked cookie dough filled with walnuts – right out of the oven was the best. After cooled slightly you roll in powdered sugar to coat. The sweet almost melted powdered sugar was a delight to get over my fingers and puts a smile on my face.
Preheat oven to 350˚.
Mexican Wedding Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 cups of finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour and nuts and mix thoroughly. This is a workout, get ready to mix!
- Chill this mixture for about 1/2 an hour in the refrigerator.
- Roll into 1" small balls with your hands and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While still warm to the touch roll these each in the powdered sugar, add more as needed and store in a air tight container or serve immediately. I prefer the latter!