Rubbed with garlic, ginger and turmeric, these Mango Sriracha Roasted Chicken Thighs are glazed as they roast with a blended mango and Sriracha chili sauce. Man are these tasty!
Scary thing happened over the weekend. My iMac computer has been a great friend these past 5 years and it’s slowly started to creep along. My first thought was it was going to crash on me and I hadn’t made a backup for over a month. My Time Capsule that I use for automatic backups was blinking at me with that amber colored light for over a month now and I STILL hadn’t gotten it fixed. Trouble.
The thought of the 3 recipes I shot on Saturday (photos are in a folder on my Desktop, why didn’t I put in my Dropbox?), the video, some new music I purchased and who knows what else would be lost. It was kind of a catch twenty-two scenario: a problematic situation for which the only solution is denied by a circumstance inherent in the problem. I could barely get any work done as my computer slow crept along, but needed it to back it up!
A call to Apple Care and a cool guy who walked me through all sorts of things to clean and speed up my baby took an hour. Finally I was set to back all my data up on another 4TB drive I got at Costco because the Time Capsule died on me, too. So not cool.
Needless to say after getting through all of that I didn’t feel like slaving away on a dinner Sunday evening.
We spent the day at the San Diego County Fair and I was still reeling from a few indulgences like the fresh grilled corn on the cob that I slathered with butter, a cinnamon roll with a cream cheese topping and pizza on a HUGE piece of sourdough bread.
After looking at my Activity app on my phone we had logged a little over 4 miles of Fair booth walking and people gazing so I didn’t feel that guilty, besides it was all I had to eat all day.
So as the computer was backing up I decided this easy pan seared chicken dish would do nicely.
A quick marinade rub of crushed garlic, ginger, turmeric and oil got dinner started.
Two mangos sat starring at me and were perfect as a glaze and sauce. With a kiss of heat from my friend Sriracha, dinner was looking up. It’s the same sauce I make for my Grilled Mango Sriracha Shrimp, super easy.
So as I type here late Sunday evening on my laptop to make sure this post makes it’s way to you bright and early, I reflect on my Cadillac problems and am grateful.
I get to do what I love, my computer is getting fixed, the back up is happening and the Mango Sriracha Roasted Chicken Thighs we had for dinner were outstanding. Hope your weekend was a good one. Enjoy!
Mango Sriracha Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs chicken thighs , skin on, bone in
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 cups mango , cubed
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl combine garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Mix together and rub all over chicken thighs. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes and make the mango sauce.
- In a blender add the mango, Sriracha sauce and lemon juice. Purée to smooth and set aside.
- Preheat over to 350°F. In an oven proof skillet (I use my cast iron) add the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil and over medium high heat brown the chicken on both sides. Season with salt and brush with a quarter of the mango sauce.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown and chicken is cooked through. If it gets too brown before it’s done, cover with aluminum foil and return to the oven. Baste with mango sauce once before removing from oven to caramelize on top. Serve with remaining mango sauce, chopped cilantro on top and side dish of choice.