These Honey Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes are not only delicious, but the colors just scream holiday food time. Am I right? This is one super easy and quick recipe, too. Just roast sweet potatoes, slice and drizzle on the melted honey butter and paprika sauce to serve.
The holidays approach, but honestly, sweet potatoes are good anytime of the year.
Yams are often confused with sweet potatoes, but we are using sweet potatoes in this recipe.
What’s the difference between a sweet potato and a yam?
Yams are quite similar to sweet potatoes and can have reddish or purplish flesh as well, but most often, you’ll find white or cream-colored flesh. Sweet potatoes are usually orange inside.
For this recipe I scrub the sweet potatoes, prick some holes with the tines of a fork to let steam out and bake them for one hour.
Allow the roasted sweet potatoes to slightly cool and slice horizontally.
Arrange in a baking dish and pour an amazing and flavorful sauce on top that is beyond easy to make.
In a small bowl add butter, honey and paprika powder. Microwave for 1 minute on high.
Stir and spoon this slightly spicy and sweet sauce over the roasted sweet potatoes.
I add some fresh cilantro and scatter pomegranate arils on top before serving. Enjoy!
Honey Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork and place potatoes on a lined baking sheet pan. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Allow to cool slightly and slice potatoes in half horizontally. Arrange cut side up in a serving dish.
- Combine butter, honey, and paprika in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 1 minute. Drizzle honey butter mixture evenly over potato halves. Sprinkle potato halves with cilantro, pomegranate arils and sea salt flakes (optional).
- Pomegranate arils and sea salt flakes are optional. Feel free to omit or substitute kosher salt for the flakes.