When time is crunched and you want a little Italian comfort food, these Ham and Cheese Pasta Rosettes are for you. It couldn’t be easier to put together and bakes in 20 minutes.
This is ridiculously easy to make and with minimal ingredients used, happens to deliver big time flavor.
I use fresh pasta sheets you can pick up in the refrigerated cheese and fresh pasta section of the market. I use ones that don’t need cooking and are ready to use. With some fresh deli sliced ham, fontina or provolone cheese you layer and roll up. Slice and put in a baking dish.
Cream gets poured over, a sprinkling of nutmeg and cheese and in the oven it goes to bake.
For a recipe this easy, I love what ends up getting served on the table.
A delicate, warm and cheesy pasta filled with slices of ham and cheese all covered in a wonderful cream sauce that thickens as it reduces in the oven. The nutmeg nuance and cheesy goodness are too good to pass up.
If you’re in a pasta kind of mood try my Chicken Tortellini Dijon Alfredo, Browned Butter Pasta with Grilled Sausages or my Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta. Whether it’s for lunch or serve with a side salad and dinner is done. Enjoy!
Ham and Cheese Lasagna Roll Ups
- 6 Oven Ready Lasagne Sheets (See Note 1)
- 24 slices deli ham (low sodium) thin sliced
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 4 slices of ham on each oven-ready lasagne sheet and top with 2 slices of provolone cheese. Roll up and slice each roll into thirds and each third in half (6 sliced rolls total for each pasta sheet).
- Place each cut roll vertically and repeat to fill baking dish. Cover with cream, nutmeg and cheese of choice.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling. Cream will reduce and thicken.
- Serve and spoon sauce over, top with chopped parsley garnish (optional).