This is another recipe made with fresh ingredients to create a simply delicious dinner. Made with fresh sea bass (or frozen from CostCo, which is a great source) that has been marinated in spices and grated lime zest. Add a spicy fruit salsa over the top of the grilled fish with a side of steamed vegetables and you are good to go.
Grilled Sea Bass with Strawberry Salsa
- Fruit Salsa
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapeños
- 1/8 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp of sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sea Bass
- 2 8 oz sea bass fillets
- 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the oil, juice from lime and sugar. Add the strawberries that have been rinsed, green tops removed and diced small. Chop the red onion, dice the green bell pepper and add to the bowl along with the remaining jalapeños and cilantro. Set aside to marinate for at least a half an hour.
- Grate the zest off of a lime and set aside. On a platter pour lime juice over top of each fillet. Crumble the lime zest over each sea bass filet and season with the salt and pepper. Top each with cayenne pepper. Let marinate for 15 minutes and start the barbecue.
- Grill each side for 4 minutes and top with fruit salsa.
- Serve with steamed vegetables seasoned with fresh tarragon and salt and pepper to taste. I tend to use fresh bell peppers, zucchini and celery as a combination.