THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY THE ALASKA SEAFOOD MARKETING INSTITUTE.
Nothing could be easier than grilled Alaska salmon for dinner. After a quick seasoning it grills three minutes per side and the marinades or toppings are endless. For this Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa, diced serrano chilis and mangoes punch up the flavor factor for a dinner on the table in under twenty minutes. Easy right?!
I’m excited that today’s post is sponsored by my friends over at Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute. I encourage you to #AskforAlaska at the seafood counter or look for “Alaska” when choosing fish in the freezer aisle or a restaurant; it’s a guarantee you’re getting wild and sustainably caught seafood. Kevin Is Cooking has been compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.
Alaska offers a wide variety of seafood species for every taste, budget and cooking technique. Each species is harvested seasonally and is also available frozen year-round.
How to Make Grilled Salmon
I love seafood and this Alaska salmon is perfect for my Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa. This is can done on the grill or in the kitchen using a grill pan.
- Clean the grill first and heat BBQ to 450°F
- Coat both sides of the salmon filet with cooking spray or olive oil
- Season salmon filets with kosher salt and pepper
- How long to grill salmon? Three minutes per side, that’s all it takes.
Keeping the salmon simple without a marinade, I opted to make a mango avocado salsa.
I like the tangy mango flavor and it’s a favorite of mine, especially in this Mango Pico de Gallo, Mango Chicken Curry, Baked Barbecue Mango Chicken and No Churn Mango Ice Cream, but with the bounty of fresh avocados I had on hand I decided to make an avocado salsa topping for the grilled salmon.
What’s in my Mango Avocado Salsa Recipe?
- diced red onion
- diced mango
- two avocados, diced
- one serrano chile, seeded and diced
- two limes, juiced
- cilantro, chopped
- olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper
That’s all. Super easy to make and adds another fresh and flavorful dimension to this meal.
This is the best grilled salmon! Super easy, simple and the flavor of the fresh Alaska salmon shines.
The creamy and tangy mango avocado salsa topping makes it special.
I always have some pickled red onions in the fridge and added some.
BEST lunch EVER!
I picked up four 6-ounce Alaska salmon filets, and when served with this avocado salsa, it makes a complete meal. Two per person was healthy and filling.
If you prefer eating just one 6-ounce filet, serve over rice and the avocado salsa.
I am always grilling here in San Diego, but if you live in an area where you can’t year-round, the grill pan is a fantastic kitchen pan to have on hand.
Love the grill marks and charred flavor it adds.
I hope you give this grilled Alaska salmon recipe a try. Enjoy!
Thanks again to the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute for sponsoring today’s post and thank you for supporting the companies that continue to make Kevin Is Cooking possible.
Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- 4 6-oz. skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil or cooking spray
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 avocados seeded and cubed
- 1 mango seeded and cubed
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 serrano chile
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Preheat BBQ grill to 450°F.
- In a bowl whisk together the oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the avocado, mangoes, onion, serrano chili and cilantro. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Rub olive oil or cooking spray on both sides of salmon filets and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Clean grill or heat grill pan. Place salmon skin side down and grill 3 minutes per side. Salmon should look opaque and cooked through. Remove from grill and let rest a minute or two.
- Serve grilled salmon topped with mango avocado salsa and lime slices (optional).