This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Grilled Hoisin Lamb Loin Chops are marinated in hoisin sauce then grilled. Feel free to use a grill pan or broil them if grilling isn’t available to you due to weather, too. They caramelize beautifully and are served with chopped cilantro and rice. Super quick to make, I think these are a great mid-week dinner when time is tight!
I think lamb doesn’t get featured enough and is not difficult to cook. If you’re like me and need a switch up on the food front this week then these Grilled Hoisin Lamb Loin Chops are for you. Marinate, grill, devour.
Lamb seems to get a bad wrap as something that is “gamey” in flavor. I have yet to have any that had a strange flavor. This is lean, healthy and works well with marinades. Pan seared, roasted, grilled, it’s versatility is why I use it and love to eat it often.
A Few Things About Lamb
- Let the lamb come to room temperature before grilling
- For medium rare internal temperature should be 135°F and for medium 150°F
- Forty percent of the fat in lean cuts of lamb is monounsaturated, that’s the same kind of fat found in olive oil
- No artificial or synthetic growth hormones are used in lamb production in the U.S.
What is Hoisin Sauce?
This is a fantastic Chinese condiment that usually is used with Moo Shu Pork, I love to use it often with chicken and lamb.
Hoisin sauce is a thick, pungent sauce primarily made with black bean paste and Chinese Five Spice powder.
Here it’s marinating lamb loin chops before getting grilled and caramelizing. In this I also add a pinch of red pepper flakes, cracked black pepper for some heat and a kiss of sesame oil, but that’s optional.
While marinating I add some chopped cilantro and again after they’re grilled. The aroma combination of the charred, caramelized lamb with the hoisin and cilantro is divine. Really.
I served these lamb loin chops with some steamed rice and vegetables and you’re good to go.
Simple enough? Enjoy!
This recipe originally was posted here on Kevin Is Cooking on Nov 2016.
Grilled Hoisin Lamb Loin Chops
- In a shallow bowl whisk together the hoisin sauce, diced garlic, sesame oil and red and black peppers. Add lamb loin chops and half of chopped cilantro. Turn to coat or place all in a plastic bag and turn to coat. Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes or longer.
- Preheat grill to 350°F (medium heat). Clean and oil your grill.
- Grill 3 minutes, turn each chop 90 degrees for that nice char grill look, and cook for another 3 minutes. Turn the chops over and baste with any remaining hoisin sauce. Cook for about 6 more minutes, turning halfway through. They should still be pink inside. Remove the chops from the grill and place on a warm plate to rest. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro.
- Serve with steamed rice and vegetables.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.