Lots of fresh herbs like mint, oregano, dill and parsley mixed with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and red pepper flakes help this Greek Grilled Chicken become a quick, mid-week dinner packed with flavors of the Mediterranean.
This easy to make marinade is basically my Greek inspired salad dressing.
I whisk it together and marinate the chicken breasts in it for 30 minutes. Yes, you can also substitute chicken thighs!
Spark up the grill, or use a grill pan as picture below, this is on the dinner table in no time!
Even though it’s cold outside, and I was too lazy to change the gas can for the grill, I opted for my trusty grill pan.
These are so helpful in these types of situations when you want that slight char, those grill marks and outside isn’t an option.
I served this Greek Grilled Chicken with warmed wheat pita and a salad spread on top. You could easily serve along side some steamed rice , too.
Healthy, quick and filling, plus the Greek inspired flavors are just outstanding. This also makes for great leftovers sliced thin horizontally and used in sandwiches. I slather them with my Toum Garlic Spread. Enjoy!
Greek Grilled Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts (See Note 1)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- In a small bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients and scoop out 1/4 cup to baste chicken. Pour remaining marinade over chicken in a plastic resealable bag. Squeeze the air out of bag and seal. Massage chicken with your hands and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat your grill (350°F) or grill pan over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add chicken to cook.
- For entire breasts, grill 2 minutes then move a quarter turn to create crosshatch grill marks and grill 2 more minutes. Baste with reserved marinade. Turn over repeat grilling to create grill marks and baste again before taking out of pan.
- For really thick breasts: if sliced horizontally, cuts grilling time on each side down 2 minutes total SO 2 minutes each side, 4 minutes total time. Thighs 4 minutes each side. Allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with a salad or over rice.
- For really thick breasts, if sliced horizontally, cut grilling time on each side to 2 minutes total. 2 minutes each side, 4 minutes total time. Boneless chicken thighs can be substituted for the chicken breasts. Thighs cook 4 minutes each side.