What to do with some leftover flank steak or even skirt steak? Well I either make sandwiches or this one particular idea came to mind. Make a savory, steak pie. A nice, warm flaky pastry crust with savory beef and vegetable in a herbed gravy make for a delicious meal. Made with leftovers and pantry items, it’s quick and easy.
- 2 cups chopped leftover flank steak
- 1 can condensed Golden Mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup dry white wine optional
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 chopped carrots cooked
- 1 can sliced potatoes
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove crushed and chopped
- Puff pastry or Pie Crust thawed - top and bottom
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 425°.
- In a pie pan, or stone, lightly sprayed with Pam, place one layer of the pie crust in the bottom. Prick holes with a fork to prevent it from bubbling up. Cook for 10 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add all of the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour into pie shell and top with remaining pie crust. Tuck in the edges to seal and with a fork prick holes to vent the steam.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve with a mixed green salad.