These Easy Peanut Butter Granola Bars are so simple to make and came out tasting as amazing as they looked. The slight hint of the cinnamon really made the difference to me.
In this recipe I made a few modifications to the original version, wanting to incorporate pumpkin seeds and roasted peanuts. I also decided on the addition of cinnamon and Cocoa Krispies instead of the Rice Krispies cereal, which stopped my urge to add in those mini chocolate chips. There, my version of Easy Peanut Butter Granola Bars was complete. Got to get that chocolate fix anyway I can.
There’s a reason you use foil instead of wax paper or plastic wrap. I know because I wasted both prior thinking “Why use foil?” and it’s because you can easily mold it into the pan for spreading. Use foil, save time and expense!
Easy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup orange flower honey
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 13x9" baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang, and spray with PAM.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, Cocoa Krispies, nuts and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a separate microwave safe mixing bowl, add the chunky peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and kosher salt. Heat mixture on HIGH power for 1 minute, remove and stir. Return to microwave and heat on HIGH power 1 minute longer. Remove from microwave, pour in vanilla and whisk mixture to thoroughly incorporate.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and toss well to evenly coat. Pour mixture into baking dish and firmly press with a spatula into an even layer making sure to spread to all edges.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 30 minutes. Lift bars from dish using foil overhang and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.