Tender, sweet shrimp quickly cooked in a honey soy sauce mixture with lots of garlic. The marinade also becomes the sauce for a meal in 30 minutes! This easy Honey Garlic Shrimp is a cinch to make and is great served over rice.
Oh man, this one could not be any easier to make. Honestly.
How do you make Honey Garlic Shrimp?
Well, I use raw shrimp that have been deveined and cleaned. I pinch the tails off and add to a bowl of honey, garlic, soy sauce, and some other ingredients like white pepper and sesame oil.
After marinating the shrimp for 20 minutes it’s quickly cooked in a hot pan with oil. The marinade reduces to a sticky sweet sauce.
This honey garlic shrimp comes together quickly!
As the shrimp marinates, you steam the rice. I like to use jasmine long grain white, but use whatever rice you prefer.
The wonderfully sweet and savory sauce that’s made to coat the shrimp is heavenly. No cornstarch needed for this!
Some vegetables like snow peas or broccoli are quickly steamed in the microwave and you can plate it.
I top mine with sliced green onions and sesame seeds and dig in. Enjoy!
Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1 1/2 lbs medium raw shrimp
- 2 tbsp oil (vegetable or olive)
- 4 green onions (cut on the diagonal)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Cut the green onion ends off and discard any outer leave that are not edible. Slice them on the diagonal into small bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, lime juice and white pepper.
- Devein and clean the shrimp. Pinch off the tail shells and discard. Add shrimp to the honey soy mixture and marinate 20 minutes, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Shake off excess marinade and add the shrimp to the pan. Sear on each side; 1 minute until opaque and cooked through, turn over and cook about 1 minute more. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Add marinade to pan and bring to a boil. It should reduce and thicken, about 2 -3 minutes. Add the shrimp back to the pan and toss the shrimp in the sauce to coat the shrimp.
- Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle green onions and sesame seeds on top.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.