This is a stand by I use that works well for both poultry and pork as a marinade and basting sauce. It packs a great amount of flavor using fresh garlic, rosemary, lemon peel and red pepper flakes in a thick emulsified sauce. It can be made in the food processor or blender with ease.
Easy Herb and Lemon Spicy Marinade
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp black red, green and white peppercorn mix
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- With a vegetable peeler, carefully remove just the yellow lemon peel, avoiding the white sour pith skin.
- In a food processor or blender add the lemon peel, garlic, mustard, peppercorns, red pepper flakes and the kosher salt.
- With the processor or blender on add the olive oil in a slow drizzle to emulsify and a thick sauce has formed. Maybe 30 seconds or so should do it.
- Pour mixture over your chicken or pork roast and marinate as you would normally or roast and baste as it cooks.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.