This is a stand by I use that works well for both poultry and pork as a marinade and basting sauce. It packs a great amount of flavor using fresh garlic, rosemary, lemon peel and red pepper flakes in a thick emulsified sauce. It can be made in the food processor or blender with ease.
Easy Herb and Lemon Spicy Marinade
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp black red, green and white peppercorn mix
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- With a vegetable peeler, carefully remove just the yellow lemon peel, avoiding the white sour pith skin.
- In a food processor or blender add the lemon peel, garlic, mustard, peppercorns, red pepper flakes and the kosher salt.
- With the processor or blender on add the olive oil in a slow drizzle to emulsify and a thick sauce has formed. Maybe 30 seconds or so should do it.
- Pour mixture over your chicken or pork roast and marinate as you would normally or roast and baste as it cooks.