These Easy Ground Beef Tacos make for a quick, mid-week dinner when time is tight and you need to stretch that pound of ground beef a little when feeding the family. Use my Homemade Taco seasoning made from pantry spices and the flavor is outstanding. Taco Tuesdays can be any day! 🙂
Easy Ground Beef Tacos
How can you go wrong with tacos? What’s fun about these is they come together in no time, people can have fun making their own, and a pound of ground beef goes a long way with other filling and topping ingredients.
How much ground beef per person for tacos?
You can make a pound of ground beef stretch with tacos! Figure on a quarter cup per taco for 8 tacos total.
What kind of seasoning for beef tacos?
I know the the store bought versions in the packets may seem easy, but so is making your own with pantry spices on hand using less salt.
What kind of spices are in taco seasoning?
For my Homemade Taco Seasoning I keep things uncomplicated, but packed with a true flavor punch. Pantry staple herbs and spices are used like cumin, oregano and chili powder, but I find Mexican oregano is best, ancho chili powder because it’s just that, not a mix of chilies, and little salt.
What toppings go with ground beef tacos?
I keep it simple to let the seasoned beef shine, but consider pico de gallo, pickled red onions, shredded iceberg lettuce and cheese. I serve with either my Roasted Tomato Salsa or Salsa Verde on the side, too.
What kind of tortillas for beef tacos?
Now if you want to keep it simple, you can use the store bought, pre-formed corn ones, but I think they are terrible. I pick up soft white or yellow corn tortillas or white flour, and toast slightly over my stove burner or grill to char them, heat them up and get pliable. You could also deep fry in oil for a crunchier version, too.
Easy Ground Beef Tacos
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef (90/10)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 8 small (6 inch round) corn tortillas
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the oil. When hot, add onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir, cook 30 seconds more. Season with pinch of kosher salt.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, brown sugar and tomato paste, simmer on low for 2 minutes. Add the ground beef and water. Break up the meat with the spoon. Stir and reduce for 10 minutes.
- Over a hot flame on the stovetop or on a grill, char the fresh, soft corn tortillas on both sides.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the beef filling and season to taste.
- Fill each taco shell with beef filling, cheese (optional), pico de gallo, lettuce and pickled onions.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.