It doesn’t get any easier then this recipe for a new spin on an old classic. For this Easy, Classic Pumpkin Pie I use condensed milk instead of evaporated milk and sugar, chopped candied ginger for that other level of flavor and serve these in individual graham cracker crust pie shells.
I like it in the small, personalized serving as opposed to a slice consisting of anyones idea of whatever a “small piece” is. This was the perfect ending to the Prime Rib Roast Italiano and Prosciutto Sage Wrapped Asparagus we had the other night.
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Easy, Classic Pumpkin Pie
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 12 oz condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp candied ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 12 individual prepared graham cracker pie shells unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl whisk the filling ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Gently pour the pumpkin filling into the unbaked pie shells. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve with whipped cream on top.