Tender, easy beef meatballs pan seared and glazed with a wonderful sweet and savory sauce made with apricot jam, chipotle peppers and a few simple pantry items. These Easy Beef Meatballs with Apricot Chipotle Sauce deliver BIG flavor and are the perfect appetizer or main course served with a side.
Third in my new Meatball Series, these Easy Beef Meatballs with Apricot Chipotle Sauce are beyond lip smacking good.
I whip these bad boys up often for when friends drop by. Check out the video below to see how quickly this all comes together.
Truth be told I will make a major batch of these easy beef meatballs and freeze them so I can thaw out a dozen or more in a jiffy and the sauce comes together in no time.
Perfect to snack on, the beef meatballs are tender, not hard and dense, and the sauce is killer.
Easy Beef Meatballs with Apricot Chipotle Sauce
Apricot Chipotle Sauce
- 16 oz apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Over medium heat in a skillet at the oil and sauté the onion until translucent and slightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the apricot preserves, mustard, ketchup, chipotle peppers, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour sauce over sautéed onions and cook for 5 minutes on low. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl (except olive oil) and gently mix together by hand until incorporated completely. Mixture will be slightly loose and wet.
- Use a small 1 1/2 inch scoop or roll into 32 small balls (about the size of a golf ball). Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil and brown the meatballs on all sides (about 5 minutes total). Do in batches to not over crowd the pan and steam them. We want them browned!
- Pour sauce over meatballs, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve warm.