With summertime picnics, parties and game day snacking, I thought these Crispy Chorizo Deviled Eggs would be a good one to add to your snacking table. Made in no time, but packed with flavor and texture. These are a win, win.
Crispy Chorizo Deviled Eggs?
Deliciously smoky in flavor these hardboiled eggs get a boost in creaminess from Greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest and have a crunchy topping that comes by way of the spicy sausage known as chorizo.
I was never a big deviled egg fan until I started adding fresh herbs or more spice to the egg mixture and it sure doesn’t hurt with a crunchy, spicy topping like this chorizo.
Can you make deviled eggs ahead of time?
Yes, but you need to keep the whites and egg yolk filling separate. Just wrap the egg white halves with plastic wrap and keep the egg yolk filling separate. Just fry up that chorizo before serving and assemble.
What goes good with these eggs?
I’m hoping these Chorizo Deviled Eggs will be a new favorite. Enjoy!
Crispy Chorizo Deviled Eggs
- 4 oz Spanish chorizo casing peeled off
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp oil from cooked chorizo
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- In a skillet over medium-high heat add the oil and chorizo. Cook until crispy. Reserve one tablespoon of the oil, discard any remaining and drain chorizo on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Slice each hard boiled egg in half and gently remove the cooked yolk. Set the egg whites on a try.
- In a bowl mix together the yolks, reserved tablespoon of chorizo oil, yogurt, lemon juice and zest, chili and garlic powders and salt until creamy. This can be done in a food processor if you like.
- With a rubber spatula, put the egg yolk mixture in a plastic bag or piping bag. Snip the corner of the plastic bag and evenly distribute the egg yolk mixture inside each egg white. Top with divided crispy chorizo and chopped chives.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.